Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 Year End Number Crunch

I find it still a little depressing to crunch the numbers when they still feel so small to me compared to past years. But, I was just looking at last year's stats and even if it's not like it used to be, the numbers are still interesting for me to look back on, so... here's yet another number crunch and look back on both my reading and youtubing year.

READING STATS

TOTAL BOOKS: 27
Total pages: 9216
Total Re-reads: 0 (I started a re-read but never finished it.)

Authors
Men: 8
Women: 20
(one book was both)

For:
ARCS for Review: 0
Supporting Utah Authors: 6
Book Club: 6
Read Alongs: 1
Beehive Award Long List: 8

From:
Library: 10
On my Kindle: 4
Bought/Owned: 13
Borrowed: 0

Genres:
YA: 21
Adult: 5
Middle Grade: 1

From the YA Category:
Contemporary Realistic Fiction: 14
Fantasy: 5
Science Fiction: 1
Historical Fiction: 1

From the MG Category:
Fantasy: 1

From the Adult Category:
Non Fiction/Memoir: 1
Science Fiction: 1
Fantasy: 1
Literary Fiction: 1
Mystery/Thriller: 1

Star Ratings:
5 stars: 4
4 stars: 10
3 stars: 13
2 stars: 0

Observations:

  • The reading was very similar to last year. I guess this is my new normal. Shall I shoot for 30 books next year?
  • I really really love the contemporary YA fiction right now. What recs do you have for me this year?
  • I love reading books for the Beehive Award long list. Some awesome books end of on that list!
  • I bought a lot of new books and acquired a lot of new books this year, even though I can't keep up with reading them. I will keep trying next year!

KPOP/KDRAMA YOUTUBE STATS

Total Kdramas consumed: 20
5 hearts: 10
4 hearts: 7
3 hearts: 3

Total Videos Uploaded on The Kpop Konverters: 501
Total Uploaded in 2017:  339
Over 100,000 views:  8
50,000 to 100,000 views: 6
10,000 to 50,000 views: 58
5,000 to 10,000 views:  37

Subscribers at year end: 14,518
View count at year end: 4,521,990


Observations:

  • Yeah, the channel grew some! Here's to the same sort of growth for next year! Maybe get to 25,000 subs and 10 million views???  Get one or two videos past the 1,000,000 view mark?
  • If you count Kdramas as books, then that puts my book number more to normal... yes? LOL.
  • I really love doing the channel. And I really love reading. The struggle is still to figure out how to do both. But I think I'm getting there. Now to just fit in writing! And exercising. 
  • We have many many goals for the channel, but I won't bore you with them here. If some of them come true though, I may have to shout about it here...
Here's to a great and awesome and wonderful 2018!!!

5 comments:

  1. I had a quiet reading year. Hoping 2018 will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad at all. I think you should count the dramas because you have to read the subtitles. Ha ha! I’m impressed with your Youtube channel views and followers! Awesome year of growth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 27 is still a good amount of books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got 3 more books in than I did. Good job! I love that you added your Kpop/Kdrama/YouTube stats to your post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not too shabby! Sounds like you had a good reading/YouTube year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails